Supportive, Reliable, Observant, Loyal, & Practical
Who are you?
If you value relationships (personality) as much as you do talent, here is a bit more about me. ISFJ.
Being a marketing major, I do my best to build my websites with not only search engines in mind but the user and target market as well. That is to say, not only do the colors and typography reflect the logo branding and the layout lend to the idea of being modern and aesthetically pleasing but the content message itself (including a compelling call to action and answer to the question - “why should I buy from you?”) is geared towards the target market and getting them to convert from a mere visitor to someone who is interested in the services being advertised.
If relationships are important to you like they are to me, that is to say if you want to be more than just another customer and you want to know who it is you are working with, read on…
If I may, let me make this 2nd blog post of the year a bit more personal and give you a little more insight into the type of person you’re hiring to build and market your website and then you can take the test yourself to know more about the type of person and marketer you are as well. On my personal blog, I have more information about me, including various links to personality tests I’ve taken in the past. Two recent links include a ISJF personality test and marketing personality test.
First - the AMA Marketing Personality Test (take the test for yourself here):
• I am more of an introvert than an extrovert. This rings true as I see myself as a “behind the scenes” type of person. I have to force myself to “network” but this is something I am working on.
• I am balanced between being a strategizer and an implementer. I suppose as a 1 person shop, this is a must. I need to be able to come up with the idea and then put it together. As a marketing professional, this is most common.
• I weigh heavily towards a logician over a intuiter. This rings true. In terms of making a decision, although I am human and often have a knee-jerk emotional reaction I usually take a step back and try and look at the situation and think through it logically based on the facts not mere opinions presented.
• I am more conservative than daring. I do my best to avoid risks. In the case of websites, I like knowing what I am getting into, being able to control the software I am using and being able to trust it will work as I want it to. This is why I use the desktop software that I do and steer clear of WordPress despite its immense popularity. With that being said, I am learning to trust WordPress more - slowly but surely - but only with a safety net.
• I am more of a balancer than a partisan. This means I tend to look at a situation from multiple angles and view points before coming to a conclusion and try to do so in a way that makes as many people happy as possible. Even though I am very much a “black and white” type of person, I do try to see the grey - so long as it’s ethical.
• I am more of an abider than an experimenter. That is to say when I find something that works, I stick with it. Change for the sake of change is not always comfortable. It has to make sense.
• I am more of a compromiser than a steamroller. I am usually one to not force my view on others - generally speaking. However, when it comes to website design, be aware that I am one who does not like to allow you (the client to merely settle for what you want, what I want is to be allowed to do what is best. I do understand that this can be viewed as passive aggressiveness and steamrolling - just know that I don’t do what I want simply for the principle of the matter (unless I feel disrespected), but rather what I do I do for a reason - to have your best interests at heart. I would much rather not be forced to do that which I do not think is in your best interest simply because you asked me to, but if push comes to shove, I will. I just need to understand the why of it so it makes sense.
In terms of working well with others, I see myself as someone who can do so - so long as boundaries are not crossed. If you are an seo expert (not a designer or coder), I am more than willing to change the titles, descriptions, keywords to whatever the keyword research deems to be appropriate and current as this has no affect on the design of the website. I also work well with graphic designers so long as they can respect the reality that print / graphic design is different than website design. Coders are also easy to get along with - so long as they don't scoff at the efforts of a designer. Essentially, I can be respectful and get along with anyone who is willing to be respectful and get along with me. Simple and fair two way street.
• Unlike others in my industry, I am not a competitor by nature. Even though there is satisfaction in winning a new account and in a job well done, I do not take joy in taking an account from someone else - I do however enjoy rescuing a client that has been abandoned by a competitor. I have had to do this a handful of times.
Feel free to take the test for yourself and see what kind of marketer for your business you are. Enjoy.
Now the Personality Test (see who you are here):
I am an ISFJ - Introvert, Sensitive, Feeling, Judging. Strengths include being supportive, reliable, observant, loyal, and practical. Weaknesses include humility, shyness, repression of feelings, resistant to change, generous to a fault. I love being appreciated, avoid conflict, and am often bad at delegating. I relish in constructive feedback. Being destructive does not help me realize what change is needed to fix what is not working. With that being said, I am a compulsive “fixer”. What is supposed to work simply needs to work. If the square peg does not fit in the round hole, I am usually the first to take the blame and I do my best to make it fit correctly. I am a planner. I work best when standard policies and procedures have been established. This helps me ensure every I is dotted and every T is crossed.
If you think I am someone you can work with (as a website customer, as an seo agent, or marketing expert), please feel free to give me a ring. I'd love to collaborate with you.
Bob The Website Builder